Friday, April 15, 2011

The Never-ending project

I just finished another piece.  However it took quite awhile to finish.  There just seemed to have been one thing after another go wrong.  First I had a few other pieces I was stamping all on the same day.  I had them separated and prepped by order.  I had done the other 3 no problem.  Then I got this last piece.  I had the first 3 names stamped...done.  I started on the 4th name and, without thinking, I started stamping the 4th name...from the previous order!!  Doh!!!  I contacted the customer and she understood.  I had to order another washer, which would take a week to 10 days to receive.  This after telling her, "no it won't take that long at all to finish".

So I received the second washer and began doing the stamping.  I was VERY careful NOT to stamp any wrong names...done!!!  I started to assemble the Swarovski crystal drops for the birthstones.  What's this?  I don't have any ruby drops???  What!?!  Oh no.  I have to contact her...again...and tell her it's going to be another wait all because of my lack of keeping an inventory list ability.  Oops!!  She said she understood but I would be ticked off if it were me and she may have been really.

But now...IT IS FINISHED!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment